Lately, me and my team have been spending so much time on upgrading Magento 2.0 to Magento 2.1. I have decided to share my experiences from FE point of view. Below some points which can be interesting.
- In M2.1 the link My Credit Cards was added to My Account navigation which wasn’t there before.
- The page – Reset Password got broken layout after upgrading to 2.1
- There are major changes in product gallery js files. In case you have overwritten these files, it is really likely that your product gallery will be broken.
- One of the specific problems for 2.1 is the thumbnail scroll of product gallery on mobile. It was not possible to scroll product page on mobile in landscape orientation. On device rotation, it immediately entered zoom mode. Also, it was not possible to scroll the image up and down in landscape orientation, to see the rest of it.
- Unfortunately Magento 2.1 has bug which is reported over here – https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/6138. After adding image to description in admin panel the image is not visible on storefront because of broken image link.
- Product Export has bugs as well. “Remove Export Columns” field values incorrectly shows empty in admin. Default value is not taken from xml file. The bug is reported over here – https://github.com/magento/magento2/pull/6231