Lately, me and my team have been spending so much time on upgrading Magento 2.0 to Magento 2.1. I have decided to share my experiences from FE point of view. Below some points which can be interesting. If you need any help, book with me 1hr Magento 2 Frontend consultation or learn more about starting work with Magento 2!
- In M2.1 the link My Credit Cards was added to My Account navigation which wasn’t there before.
- The page – Reset Password got broken layout after upgrading to 2.1
- There are major changes in product gallery js files. In case you have overwritten these files, it is really likely that your product gallery will be broken.
- One of the specific problems for 2.1 is the thumbnail scroll of product gallery on mobile. It was not possible to scroll product page on mobile in landscape orientation. On device rotation, it immediately entered zoom mode. Also, it was not possible to scroll the image up and down in landscape orientation, to see the rest of it.
- Unfortunately Magento 2.1 has bug which is reported over here – https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/6138. After adding image to description in admin panel the image is not visible on storefront because of broken image link.
- Product Export has bugs as well. “Remove Export Columns” field values incorrectly shows empty in admin. Default value is not taken from xml file. The bug is reported over here – https://github.com/magento/magento2/pull/6231
SUBSCRIBE TO MAGENTO 2 NEWSLETTER!
Would you like to get information when new Magento tutorial is available?
Subscribe to the newsletter and be up to date!
MORE MAGENTO 2 TUTORIALS
Zaneta loves challenges so deciding about career path she has chosen typical male industry. Woman who codes. Every 1-2 years she lives in different part of the world. Gym dates is something what she specialised in. Healthy lifestyle, extreme sports and motorbikes have stolen her hear years ago.