After busy weeks I finally got one weekend at home which allows me to spend more time in the kitchen. Usually it is Zyd who cooks everyday. I don’t like cooking actually haha. But I love playing with food and creating something different than standard meals. Let’s make it clear, I am not cook expert, I am just experimenting with my food and sharing it with you. In this way, I would like to introduce you fish cake based on canned tuna or sardines. Healthy, keto and low carb recipe. Let me in the comments what do you think or what I can improve in my version of the recipe.
Keyword: Coconut Flour, Flaxseed, Sardines, Tuna
Servings: 10 cakes
- 1 can of tuna sardines or any other fish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 of onion
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk more or less, depends how much oil or sauce has your canned fish
- 1/3 cup of mix of herbs like cilantro, coriander, spring onion, parsley, any other
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of mustard sugar free, ideally Dijon
- 2 pinches of each of the following spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder (or any other spices)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meat
- 2 spoons of bone broth powder or collagen optional, add more of coconut flour or flaxseed meal if you are not using any bone broth powder or collagen
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil for frying
Chop onion, cilantro, coriander, spring onion, parsley and any other herbs.
Mix cream cheese, coconut milk, mustard, egg, onion, coconut flour, flaxseed meat, bone broth powder or collagen and herbs until smooth in the bowl.
Add spices and mix all together.
Preheat pan with oil on medium temperature.
Getting mixture by tablespoon, form little cakes and place on the pan.
Fry cakes per around 3-5 minutes on the side until gold.
Meantime prepare mix of salad and spinach, place on the plate.
Add pinch of Himalayan pink salt and black pepper. Add a little bit of apple vinegar optionally.
Dry fish cakes on baking paper on both sides.
Transfer on the earlier prepared plate with salads.
Serve with mustard sauce or cream cheese sauce.
Play with the texture – add more coconut flour or coconut milk. I like them soft but my husband prefer harder.
Free free to choose any canned fish with any sauce. I used canned milkfish in oil but nothing stops you from using sardines in tomato sauce.