I have seen this nice dark chocolate bar as a Christmas decoration in one of the stores. I checked around and all dark chocolate bars have added sugar in it. I didn’t buy them, but I decided to prepare my own dark chocolate bar with healthy and keto toppings. Moreover, this dessert looks really fancy, you can use this idea to surprise your guests or prepare a nice Christmas decoration or Christmas gifts.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 1 bar
- 125 g 1/2 bar unsweetened dark chocolate or unsweetened cacao
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of coco syrup or sweetener for keto and no sugar diet
- 1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 spoon of collagen
- 1/8 handful of walnuts
- 1/8 handful of sliced almonds
- 1/8 handful of pecans
- 1/8 handful of dried coconut flakes
- 1/8 handful of dried cranberries blueberries and strawberries
Add chocolate, collagen, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, coco syrup or sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the bowl.
Microwave for 1 minute, mix in the middle of time, after around 30 seconds and continue microwaving.
Stir melted chocolate till smooth.
Line baking paper onto the tray or pan and spread melted chocolate onto it.
To the bowl, after chocolate, add peanut butter and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Mix all together till smooth.
Spread peanut butter mix on the top of chocolate and using toothpick spread all over making waves.
Add toppings all over on the top and put to the freezer.
Leave in the freezer for around 1 hour.
Break into smaller pieces.
Keep in the fridge.
Feel free to be creative with toppings, maybe honey if your diet allows?