Whilst preparing my healthy wraps, I was looking for a spread to make it more fancy. I love avocado so much. It is the base of my diet. As I had a couple of ripe avocados in the fridge, I decided to do my magic. This quick spread or dip is great for any kind of wraps or sandwiches. Also, it will go along with eggs or vegetables. A perfect idea for a party snack. But the most important, it is full of healthy fat and low carbs.
Course: Side Dish, Snack
Keyword: Dip, Healthly, Keto, Sauce, Spread
Servings: 1 jar
- 150 grams of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk more or less, depending on the texture that you want to achieve
- 2 garlic cloves more if you are a lover of garlic, as myself
- 1/3 cup of cilantro alternatively coriander, any other herbs or spring onion
- 2 pinches of each of the following spices: salt, pepper, turmeric (optional), chilli powder (or any other spices)
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 ripe medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce use hot sauce which doesn’t include sugar, I used American Garden brand as it seems to have the best ingredients
Chop garlic, cilantro or any other herbs.
Mix avocados, cream cheese, coconut milk, chopped garlic and cilantro until smooth in the bowl.
Add spices, lime juice, hot sauce and chia seeds, mix all together.
Transfer to a fancy jar and serve. If you want to serve it as a spread, keep it in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving. If you want to serve it as a dip, keep it at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
The dip will be perfect with rolls, vegetables and eggs. The spread will be perfect for sandwiches.
For spread, keep in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.
For dip, keep at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.